Job Ref: WAI13476
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital – Women’s Health
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Waikato District Health Board is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and exceptional senior midwife leader for its Women’s Health service.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of women, babies, whanau and the wider community. The position will report to the Director of Women’s and Children’s Health, and be professionally accountable to the Chief Nursing & Midwifery Officer.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Group (SLG), this position will be pivotal to the development and success of the service as a whole as well as focusing on the leadership and development of the midwifery workforce across the sector locally, regionally and nationally.
The Clinical Midwife Director will work in partnership with the Clinical Unit Leader, Women’s Health and other members of the SLG to manage the demand and constraints within an organisation where there are performance targets and patient flow considerations.
You will have responsibility for:
- Providing strategic leadership of midwifery services, enhancing the integration of midwifery services across the sector;
- Establishing and maintaining positive collaborative relationships with peers, colleagues and with key external parties (particularly the LMC community);
- Efficient and effective operational management of the service;
- Managing and leading the people, systems, processes and resources that facilitate efficient and effective service delivery within women’s health;
- Leading midwifery standards, quality, and clinical governance across the sector;
- Contributing to the development of the strategic direction of midwifery and women’s health services within Waikato DHB.
The successful candidate will have:
- Registration with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand, and a current annual practicing certificate;
- Post graduate diploma (preferable);
- Superior communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across disciplines;
- At least 5 years leadership and operational management experience in a senior midwifery position.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply.
The Waikato is a great place to work and live, with plenty of recreational activities, relatively affordable housing, great shopping and few traffic issues. We are close to other major cities for world-renown concerts and events, and we host many world-class sports events here. We have superb restaurants and plenty of walking and cycling tracks. We are close to Raglan (45 minutes) for brilliant surfing, cafés and chilling, and not too much further to the Coromandel coast with pristine waters and golden sand beaches.
Please apply directly online, and click here to view the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role, please contact Robyn Payne in the Recruitment Team – Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Closing date: 21 June 2020
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect – Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga