Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
1.0 FTE (80 Hours per Fortnight)
- Are you looking to develop your Clinical Leadership and Operational Management Skills?
- Do you have a passion for Midwifery and want a role to support change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
This is a great opportunity for midwives already working at the top of their scope. The successful candidate will be well supported with a comprehensive orientation and induction programme. This position has strong working relationships with the Senior Midwifery and Nursing teams, Medical staff, Service and Operational Managers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the provision of high quality care.
The successful candidate will be someone with;
- excellent problem solving and communication skills
- be able to work in an interdisciplinary team and be able to navigate challenging situations.
- advanced midwifery experience with proven leadership ability
- experience in change and financial management is desirable, as well as a working knowledge of quality improvement.
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- New Zealand Midwifery Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate
- A relevant post graduate Qualification, Post Graduate Diploma desired.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate midwifery experience across midwifery scope of practice.
- Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins midwifery practice in New Zealand.
- Quality Improvement knowledge and the ability to lead quality projects.
- Knowledge of the implications of Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to bi-culturalism.
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
For further information please contact Rachael Peek, Associate Director of Midwifery, via email Rachael.Peek@tdhb.org.nz