Lactation Consultant/ Pou Awhi Ora position at Te tohu o Te Ora o Ngati Awa
- We are seeking a highly motivated nurse or midwife who is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) to support our community breastfeeding support service in the Eastern Bay of Plenty
- This service has a Kaupapa Māori service delivery model for all Māmā, pēpi and whānau.
- Flexible working hours will be considered
- An internship would also be considered for the right person seeking to become an IBCLC
This role will be for an experienced Nurse/Midwife IBCLC who will be responsible for providing specialist breastfeeding services to Māmā, pēpi and whānau in a community setting. The successful applicant will be working as part of a larger team of health and social workers within the Iwi provider organisation’s of the Eastern Bay of Plenty and Plunket.
The role will also involve working across clinical, education and service improvement spheres to ensure a strong ongoing service for the community. Some of this work would involve support and supervision to Kaiāwhina and peer support workers and will be undertaken over a variety of settings and modes of engagement.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Registered Midwife/Nurse
- IBCLC Certification or working towards
- 3 years recent nursing/midwifery experience
- A passion for breastfeeding and parenting
- Knowledge and understanding of Tīkanga Māori and Kaupapa Māori service delivery
To apply for this job go to: https://tetohuoteoraongatiawa.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4917373. Applications close 02 December 2019