We invite you to submit an abstract for an oral or poster presentation or a workshop to share your research, practice knowledge and experiences and be part of the conference programme.
We welcome abstracts reflecting the conference theme, Embracing diversity and growing stronger together and midwifery practice.
Please allow at least 20 minutes to complete the online profile and abstract submission process.
You will be required to have:
Contact details of lead contact – All communications and correspondence regarding this abstract submission will be sent to that person.
- Abstract written in the correct format (see below)
- Authors affiliations (organisation, city, region, country)
- Short biographies of presenting authors (maximum 400 words in total)
- During the online submission, you will be asked to identify the best fit for your abstract from the categories below:
- Community Midwifery / Women’s Health
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Culture and Health / Gender Equality
- Hospital Midwifery / Women’s Health
- Midwifery Education
- Midwifery Practice
- Original research
Closing date of Abstract Submission – Friday 07 February 2020
Notification of Acceptance – Friday 06 March 2020
This is a traditional presentation, which may be supported with audio visual aids. Oral presentations will be allocated 25 minutes to present (including time for discussion and questions).
Posters are especially effective for information that can be presented visually (e.g.: photos, charts, graphs, tables). If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you have to make the poster prior to the conference, i.e. the conference will NOT print the poster for you. Poster Guidelines will be provided at time of acceptance.
This is an interactive session. It may be supported with visual materials, activities and handouts. Workshops will be allocated up to 90 minutes
Format for Abstracts
Title – In bold
Author(s) first and last names (please also identify the presenting author/s in bold), with superscript number referring to the Origin of the author(s) in the next lines
Origin (Organisation, City and Country (if outside of New Zealand)
- Microsoft Word document
- Arial, 12 point
- Maximum of 250 words
- Single spacing without justified margins
- You will be required to enter a short biographies (maximum 400 words in total) on all presenting authors, during the abstract submission process.
Criteria for Evaluating Abstracts
All abstracts are subject to review by the Programme Committee. In evaluating the abstract the reviewers will be mindful of the following criteria:
- Abstracts are in plain language, free of specialist jargon, unless it is clearly appropriate.
- The degree to which the substance for the abstract contributes to the conference theme(s).
- Innovation and originality or application of existing ideas in ways that provide new insights and progress the field.
- Usefulness to a significant audience of practitioners.
- Topics related to the conference theme.
- If a research project or audit is presented you will also need to specify aims, methods and findings.
Conditions of Submission
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The Programme Committee will review all abstracts and may contact authors or their nominated referees as part of the review process.
- A condition of acceptance is that at least one author presents at the conference.
- Presenters must register to attend for at least a day of the conference. They are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and registration expenses. Similarly, no speaker fee is paid to authors or presenters.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure the accuracy of the content, spelling, grammar and formatting of the abstract, as it will be published as it is submitted.
- By submitting an abstract you also grant the committee permission to publish the abstract in the conference proceedings in hard copy and/or electronic format.
If you are having difficulty submitting your abstract, then please contact the Conference Organisers, Composition on 03 332 4537/021 519 110 or email email@example.com