We invite you to submit an abstract for an oral or poster presentation or a workshop to share your research, practice knowledge and experiences and be part of the conference programme.
We welcome abstracts reflecting the conference theme, Embracing diversity and growing stronger together and midwifery practice.
Please allow at least 20 minutes to complete the online profile and abstract submission process.
You will be required to have:
Contact details of lead contact – All communications and correspondence regarding this abstract submission will be sent to that person.
- Abstract written in the correct format (see below)
- Authors affiliations (organisation, city, region, country)
- Short biographies of presenting authors (maximum 400 words in total)
- During the online submission, you will be asked to identify the best fit for your abstract from the categories below:
- Community Midwifery / Women’s Health
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Culture and Health / Gender Equality
- Hospital Midwifery / Women’s Health
- Midwifery Education
- Midwifery Practice
- Original research
Closing date of Abstract Submission – Friday 07 February 2020
Notification of Acceptance – Friday 06 March 2020
This is a traditional presentation, which may be supported with audio visual aids. Oral presentations will be allocated 25 minutes to present (including time for discussion and questions).
Posters are especially effective for information that can be presented visually (e.g.: photos, charts, graphs, tables). If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you have to make the poster prior to the conference, i.e. the conference will NOT print the poster for you. Poster Guidelines will be provided at time of acceptance.
This is an interactive session. It may be supported with visual materials, activities and handouts. Workshops will be allocated up to 90 minutes
Format for Abstracts
- Microsoft Word document
- Arial, 12 point
- Maximum of 250 words
- Single spacing without justified margins
- You will be required to enter a short biographies (maximum 400 words in total) on all presenting authors, during the abstract submission process.