Closing the gap: Is midwifery research on the right track?
12 – 13 September 2019 – Palmerston North Conference & Function Centre
The purpose of the forum is to provide an opportunity for midwives and others to share ideas, experiences and knowledge through research, audits and postgraduate studies relating to midwifery and maternity care.
The last three Joan Donley Midwifery Research Forums have sold out. There are strictly limited numbers for this Forum. We suggest you register early, prior to booking your flights.
Please note: It’s a full day on Thursday 12, with a half day on Friday 13 September, allowing you to travel home on Friday afternoon.
Your Registration Pack is available to be picked up from Wednesday 11, 5.00 – 6.00pm, or Thursday 12 September from 7.30am onwards.
Forum Dinner – Evening of Thursday 12 September
The Forum Dinner will be held on Thursday 12 September at the Orlando Country Club located 10 minutes drive from central Palmerston North. This will be a 3 course meal, with a complimentary arrival drink (all other beverages are at your own cost). Bus transport will be provided, departing and returning from the Palmerston North Conference and Function Centre (no hotel pick up/drop off’s).
Forum dinner tickets can be purchased via the registration process for $79.00 per person.
- NZCOM Member – $225.00
- Non Member – $275.00
- Undergraduate / Consumer – $85.00 (limited numbers)
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST of 15%.
Payment is required by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) and a secure link is provided.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your registration with a tax invoice / receipt, upon your successful completion of the registration process.
Cancellation, Postponement and Substitution Policy
- You may substitute delegates without incurring additional fees at any time prior to the event by advising forum registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation of a registration must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- Cancellation notification received prior to and including Friday 18 August 2019 will incur a $80.00. administration charge; this will be deducted from the refunded registration fee (if paid) or invoiced for immediate payment. No portion of paid fees will be refunded for cancellations after Friday 18 August 2019
- All refunds will be processed at the conclusion of the Forum.
If, for reasons beyond the control of NZCOM, the Forum is cancelled, registration fees will be refunded after deduction of expenses already incurred.
NB: The last three Joan Donley Midwifery Research Forums have sold out. As there are strictly limited numbers for this forum we suggest you register early, prior to booking your flights to avoid disappointment.
Palmerston North has numerous accommodation options available, particularly reasonably priced motel options within easy walking distance to the Palmerston North Conference and Function Centre.
A hotel option below:
Distinction Palmerston North Hotel
175 Cuba Street
10 minute walk to the Palmerston North Conference and Function Centre
Heritage Superior $175.00
Tower Standard $185.00
Tower Superior $190.00
The Distinction Hotel boasts 4 star well appointed, modern guest rooms and free high-speed Wi-Fi to all hotel guests.
T: 06 355 5895, quote promo code MIDWIVES
Prices quoted are GST inclusive, are per room/per night, and do not include breakfast. All rooms and rates quoted are subject to availability. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.