Closing the gap: Is midwifery research on the right track?
12 – 13 September 2019 – Palmerston North Conference & Function Centre
The purpose of the forum is to provide an opportunity for midwives and others to share ideas, experiences and knowledge through research, audits and postgraduate studies relating to midwifery and maternity care.
The last three Joan Donley Midwifery Research Forums have sold out. There are strictly limited numbers for this Forum. We suggest you register early, prior to booking your flights.
Call for Abstracts
We are inviting you to submit an abstract to be a part of the Forum programme. We welcome abstracts reflecting the theme of the Forum and midwifery research.
Abstracts must be informative and descriptive and contain the following information:
- Author and co-authors names (both first and last name provided, not initials). Please identify the presenting author/s, by placing their name in bold.
- Origin, Organisation, City and Country (if outside of New Zealand)
- Single spacing without justified margins
- Maximum of 250 words
- Provided in a word document
Abstract must be received by Friday 08 February 2019.
Email your abstract as a word document, along with a short biography (maximum of 50 words) of each of the presenting authors to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance of their abstract by 15 March 2019.
Conditions of Submission
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The Programme Committee will review all abstracts and may contact authors or their nominated referees as part of the review process.
- The organisers retain the right to allocate successful submissions to meet the theme of the forum.
- A condition of acceptance is that at least one author presents at the conference.
- Presenters must register to attend the Forum. They are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and registration expenses. Similarly, no speaker fee is paid to authors or presenters.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure the accuracy of the content, spelling, grammar and formatting of the abstract, as it will be published as it is submitted.
- By submitting an abstract you also grant the College permission to publish the abstract in proceedings in hard copy and/or electronic format.
The programme will be available late March 2019.
Please note: It’s a full day on Thursday 12, with a half day on Friday 13 September, allowing you to travel home on Friday afternoon.
Your Registration Pack is available to be picked up from Wednesday 11, 5.00 – 6.00pm, or Thursday 12 September from 7.30am onwards.
Forum Dinner – Evening of Thursday 12 September
A forum dinner will be held on Thursday 12 September. Tickets to this dinner will be available to purchase, when registrations open.
Registrations will open in March 2019. If you would like to be advised when registrations open, please click here to be placed onto our database.
There is a range of accommodation options, all within easy walking distance to Palmerston North Conference and Function Centre. We suggest booking early to avoid disappointment.
Options will be posted shortly.