In New Zealand
> Situations Vacant
Join a Rural Midwifery Practice in Mid Central
Tararua Health Group
Are you an experienced Midwife keen to join an outstanding team of committed rural Midwives and health care professionals? Then we want to hear from you. Due to staff changes, an opportunity has arisen for a fantastic employed Lead Maternity Carer (Midwife) to join our midwifery team. We are keen to hear from experienced midwives interested in working in a challenging and rewarding rural setting. This position is permanent full time built around a roster of 4 days on 24 hour call, then 4 days off.
Tararua Health Group provides a 3 bedded maternity unit within our Community Hospital, caring for women providing continuity of care for antenatal, labour and birth. Ideally you’ll be a team player with a sense of humour, energy, a willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for clinical excellence. Full orientation will be provided.
We are looking for:
• An experienced midwife seeking a move to a rural environment
• Current Practicing Certificate
If you reside out of the Tararua area, you may be eligible to apply for a rural grant from RMRR to relocate.
Please contact: Linda Shannon, Midwife Leader, Tararua Health Group PO Box 275 Dannevirke 4942 Phone 0274 775562 Email Shannon@inspire.net.nz
All enquiries will be in confidence.
Midwifery Advisor: Clinical practice and health sector interface
Midwifery Advisor: Clinical practice and health sector interface
Permanent Full time Position
The College requires a committed, enthusiastic and experienced midwife to join the team at its national office in Christchurch to provide professional midwifery advice for members. The primary portfolio will be professional advice to members and regional networking across the maternity sector. The position is full time but ideally 0.8 FTE with a 0.2FTE for clinical practice although these hours can be negotiated for the suitable applicant.
We are looking for someone who can:
- provide professional midwifery advice to individual members
- provide advice and articulate the midwifery philosophy and standards of practice at a national strategic and policy level across the health sector
- provide national leadership and advice to members and the maternity sector on the DHB and PHO interface
- offer midwifery advice to the MMPO in order to assist with strategies and frameworks to maintain and sustain high quality clinical data collection for midwifery services
- work with, and sustain, effective regional & national networks with midwife members and the maternity and primary health sectors nationally
- promote effective midwifery communication and interaction within the membership of the College and with external agencies nationally and internationally
Skills and attributes
- Registered Midwife with a Masters Qualification (or working towards)
- A practising midwife for more than 6 years
- Well-developed understanding of the health system and wider context around maternity services
- Interest and expertise in secondary and tertiary services
- Experience with data systems and/or DHB management
- History of building successful professional relationships and has strong midwifery networks
- High literacy and written skills with strong IT skills
- Confident public speaker
- Previously held College positions either regionally or nationally is preferred
Salary and conditions will be individually negotiated according to experience. The ability to continue practice will be negotiated for the successful applicant if they are from outside Canterbury.
Please send your letter of interest, together with your CV to email@example.com or mail to:
New Zealand College of Midwives
PO Box 21-106, Edgware
Phone: 03-3772732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Midwifery Director – Palmerston North
Our Reference: Vacancy ID: 3915
MidCentral District Health Board (MDHB) is offering an opportunity for an experienced, skilled and capable midwifery leader to join the leadership of the Women’s Health Service as Midwifery Director.
This key midwifery leadership role provides strategic direction, professional and operational leadership for maternity services.
Considerable progress has been made in improving maternity services at MDHB over the past ten months. , The role will lead further development for midwifery and maternity and ensure gains made to date are sustainable.
This requires the ability to lead, direct and develop midwives, working in partnership with the Clinical Director and Service Manager. Building on what has been achieved to date the Midwifery Director will lead collaborative efforts for community and hospital midwives across the practice environment.
This is a permanent position, 32-40 hours a week.
For further information/job description and/ or to apply please click here.
Closing date: Sunday, 26 March 2017.
Senior Lecturer in Midwifery - Gold Coast
Vacancy ID: 17006
Position: Senior Lecturer in Midwifery
Work Unit: School of Health and Human Sciences
Executive Portfolio: Office of the Vice Chancellor
Campus: Gold Coast
Appointment Type: Full-time or part-time (negotiable), continuing
Salary: A remuneration package of up to $149,264 per annum (inclusive of base salary $109,720-126,357 per annum, 17% employer's contribution to superannuation and leave loading.)
Closing Date: Friday, 24 March 2017 at 9:00am (AEDT)
Open to: Australian and International Applicants (Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply)
Click here for more information.
Permanent, 20 hours per week
Are you inspired by the challenge of providing the highest quality midwifery care?
Come and join a workforce with vision and commitment in providing women centred care!
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional Midwife with enthusiasm, drive, vision and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, commitment and the ability to work as a team member in a continuity of care model.
Apply online via our website www.lakesdhb.govt.nz
Registered Midwives - Birthing & Assessment
Registered Midwives - Birthing & Assessment, Counties Manukau District Health Board - Registered Midwives - Bureau
Do you enjoy the flexibility and variety that casual employment can offer?
Do short term contracts match your lifestyle needs? Then come join us today.
Counties Manukau District Health (CMDHB) is one of the most diverse health care providers in Australasia. Our service has over 7000 births per year and has a strong midwifery focus. We offer primary, secondary and tertiary services, within a variety of hospital and community based facilities.
We cover the southern region of Auckland’s population, a third of which are of Maori and Pacific Island descent. We serve a unique ethnic community, focusing on women and baby centred care promoting normal birth in a supportive, midwifery led atmosphere.
Working as a casual midwife, you will have the opportunity to work flexible hours whilst working in modern facilities. And with over 7000 deliveries per year, there is plenty of work available!
We can offer you:
- Variety of work options including flexible hours and days of work
- Ability to rotate to other areas of our service to enhance your professional midwifery career
- Registration with the NZ Midwifery Council with Current Annual Practicing Certificate
- At least 2 years midwifery experience
Talk to us about your needs and find out where we can help you!
You can contact the Nursing & Midwifery team in the Recruitment Centre on (09) 276 0083 for more information.
To apply for this job, please click here
Job Number- CMH01081
Registered Midwife, Maternity North, North Shore Hospital, Waitemata DHB
Waitemata DHB’s promise is to provide “best care for everyone”. This means believing in and working according to our organisations values of “everyone matters”, “with compassion”, “connected” and “better, best, brilliant”.
Are you a passionate Registered Midwife looking for a change and want to work on the North Shore where you live? Would you like to contribute to your local community? If you answered yes, then please read on.
We are looking for vibrant Registered Midwives to join our dedicated health professionals on our busy Maternity ward. We are the leading secondary-care provider in Auckland.
Our team deals with a variety of interesting cases and strives to promote a normal birthing experience for women with high risk situations and provides primary maternity and secondary obstetric services to the population of North Shore, Whangaparoa and Hibiscus Coast. Last year we had nearly 4000 births!
With a variety of positions available, we have a lot to offer you:
- Planned shifts, you will know when you will be working in advance with uninterrupted time off
- A positive team environment with a supportive social network
- Opportunity to contribute to our quality improvement research through feedback
- Midwife Educator to provide support and ensure that you are able to keep your registration and practice above the national guideline standards.
To view the benefits that WDHB offers employees, please click here
Did you know? At the Waitemata DHB Health Excellence Awards our Maternity Department has won the Excellence in Clinical Care Award two years in a row.
For a friendly and informal discussion about working at North Shore Hospital please contact, Sam Davenport - Midwife Manager, North Shore Hospital on +64 9 839 0000 ext. 3837 email@example.com
If you need assistance with your online application, please email Vickie Shakur, Recruitment Consultant, on Vickie.Shakur@waitematadhb.govt.nz or phone +64 9 442 7248.
To view a copy of the position description, please click here.
To apply for this position please visit our careers website www.wdhbcareers.com and search job number NOR00850
MIDWIFERY EDUCATOR & QUALITY COORDINATOR - MATERNITY 1.0 FTE
Do you have a passion for midwifery and a commitment to quality, safety and education?
Then we have wonderful opportunity for you to join the Maternity Services team in Gisborne who are an integral part of the Tairawhiti District Maternity Quality and Safety Program.
Your role will be to actively work with the maternity team in order to co-ordinate and ensure that quality assurance and education activities are implemented and maintained. You will continue to work clinically as required. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading quality improvement and education opportunities and have the ability to work independently with a high level of facilitation and organisational skills.
- Registered Midwife with current APC and minimum 5 years post registration experience
- Evidence of continuing education at/or working towards a postgraduate qualification
- Participation in QLP with Portfolio assessed at and working towards or/at leadership level
- Adult education qualification (or working towards)
- High level of clinical skills in maternity care across primary/secondary/tertiary
- Ability to participate in on call coverage for clinical roster
For further information about the role, please contact Liz Lee Taylor by phone on 06 869 0500, extension 8024 or mobile 027 811 6275 or email Liz.LeeTaylor@tdh.org.nz
To apply go to: www.tdh.org.nz
Womens Health, Waikato Hospital
Full and part time positions
Calling all Midwives
We require midwives who enjoy working in a busy hospital setting and want to develop their career.
What we offer:
Opportunities to develop your skills by working with complex cases and dealing with a wide range of conditions
Professional development and educational opportunities
Opportunity to rotate across all areas, Delivery Suite, Womens Assessment Unit, Antenatal and Postnatal.
What you need:
- Preferably a minimum of two to three years post registration experience.
For more information on moving your midwifery career up another level with Waikato District Health Board please visit our website www.waikatodhb.health.nz/jobs
Closing date: Open until filled