The College is a signatory to the Ora Taiao, New Zealand Climate Change and Health Council’s Joint Call for Action. Ora Taiao NZ Climate & Health Council – comprises health professionals in Aotearoa New Zealand concerned with climate change and the urgent threat to health and health equity. These include:
- The negative impacts of climate change on health.
- The health gains possible through strong, health-centred climate action.
- Highlighting the impacts of climate change on those who already experience disadvantage or ill-health (equity impacts).
- Reducing the health sector’s contribution to climate change.
NZ Response to Climate change – The (Zero Carbon) Amendment Act 2019
This is a framework from which NZ will develop and implement clear and stable climate change policies to limit global temperature increases as well as to prepare and adapt to effects of climate change.
- Click here to see the College submission to the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
The WHO climate change and health
Identifies climate change as the biggest threat to humanity and provides key facts, resources and actions.
The Lancet series – Countdown on health – The annual Countdown report provides an independent assessment of progress towards the goals of the Paris Agreement, and represents the findings and consensus of 38 leading academic institutions and UN agencies.