Photograph competition – Win registration to the College Conference including flights and accommodation
The College is offering a fully funded conference registration and dinner, as well as accommodation and travel costs if the winner lives outside of Christchurch. The prize will go to the College member who sends us the best photo of midwives working together.
When times are hard our midwifery relationships can support and sustain us. As we look forward to celebrating being together again at this year’s conference in November, we invite you to send us photos that best conceptualise and promote the conference theme of Whanaungatanga.
Photos need to be of yourself and/or colleagues in your workplaces – in a hospital setting, a community setting, at a meeting, in the office, checking equipment, sharing kai during a break, or from any other moment that midwives connect while they are at work.
The competition opens on 5 May 2023 and closes at midnight on 1 August 2023.
Photos must be at least 1MB in size and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Select ‘actual size’ when sending images via email).
Photos need to be accompanied by a completed entry and consent form which can be downloaded from this page.
Any person included in the photo is required to sign the consent form (caregivers may sign for dependants).
Each photograph submitted will be counted as one entry. Each member may submit up to 10 entries.
Entries will only be accepted from College members.
The winner will receive:
- A full conference registration (Welcome drinks and two full days conferencing)
- Return domestic air fares to the conference in Ōtautahi Christchurch*
- Accommodation for the duration of the conference
- A complimentary ticket to the conference dinner
The photos will be judged by the members of the Conference governance committee.
The winner will be notified by 18 August 2023 and announced in the College September issue of Midwife Aotearoa magazine.
The College will work with the competition winner to manage their travel and accommodation bookings.
* If flights not required, up to $200 petrol costs may be reimbursed.
Terms and conditions:
- Prize includes Christchurch airport transfers. Member must make own travel arrangements to and from the airport in their home town/city.
- If the winner lives in Christchurch, accommodation and travel will not be included. Up to $200 petrol costs may be reimbursed if flights are not required.
- Duration of accommodation will be at the College’s discretion and will depend on available flights.
- Winner will be notified in writing on or before 18 August 2023.
- In the event no entries are received the prize will be null and void.
- All images submitted must be accompanied by a signed entry and consent form.
- By entering the competition, the member (and any subjects within the photo) accepts that images may be published in the future in print, electronic or exhibition formats, to promote midwifery and the New Zealand College of Midwives and images may be cropped/altered in respect of that format.
- The prize (or any part of the prize) cannot be exchanged for cash
- The prize in non-transferable (except in cases of COVID where elements may be transferred at the College’s discretion).
- The photos will be judged by the members of the Conference governance committee, their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner is responsible for any costs incurred outside of what is offered in the prize pack
- Travel insurance is the responsibility of the prize winner