With a small number of former guests from the Pullman Hotel managed isolation facility now confirmed as positive for Covid-19 in the community, and a large amount of summer travel around the country, the College offers the following advice to midwives. As we have seen previously, the nature of such events means that information and recommendations can change daily as contact tracing and testing reveals the extent of community transmission (if any).
- Check the Ministry of Health Current Situation web page for updates and for information if a woman contacts you with questions or concerns.
- If the woman (or whanau/household member) has been in one of the locations of interest on the dates listed on the Ministry website, they need to contact the Covid-19 Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and follow the advice given.
- Midwives who need Covid advice for themselves or a client may contact the Covid-19 Clinician Advice Line. Contact the College on 03 377 2732 for the Clinician Advice Line number.
- Employed midwives who are unwell or required to self-isolate need to discuss this with their employer. Current information regarding employment is available on the Covid section of the MERAS website.
- Locum support is available for LMC midwives who are unwell or required to self-isolate at home. Contact the Locum Service on 0800 MIDWIFE (0800 643 943).
- Everyone is strongly advised to use the Covid Tracer App. Enable Bluetooth and also continue to scan in at all locations visited. Ensure maternity facilities and midwifery clinics have their QR code displayed prominently.
- The Ministry of Health’s Āwhina App provides up-to-date information about Covid-19. Notifications can be enabled to learn about updates as they occur.
- The Covid section of the College website includes advice for all Alert Levels and links to relevant Ministry and other advice.
DHBs remain responsible for PPE provision to core and LMC midwives should it be needed. Distribution systems should be in place in all areas. Contact your regional chair for information if required.