APPLICATIONS FOR THE RURAL GRANT ARE NOW CLOSED
Mary Garlick, a retired long standing rural midwife has generously granted a sum of money to the New Zealand College of Midwives to administer as an annual grant for midwifery students who intend to practise rurally on graduation.
Applications will be accepted from students who have completed the requirements of the second year of the New Zealand Bachelor of Midwifery programme and intend to enrol in the third year of the programme in 2020.
Midwifery students are eligible to apply for the annual $2,000 grant if they meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a New Zealand College of Midwives member and enrolled as third year student of an approved New Zealand Bachelor of Midwifery programme for 2020.
- Applicant must intend to practise as a rural midwife in New Zealand on graduation. Preference may be given to those intending to practise as an LMC
- Only one grant will be awarded per annum.
To apply, applicants must:
- demonstrate a commitment to rural midwifery practice on graduation
- complete the application form on the New Zealand College of Midwives website, including providing a copy of their CV (see below)
- ask two referees to also complete the relevant form (see below)
- one from a lecturer at the midwifery school in which the student is enrolled
- one from a midwife who the student has had a clinical placement with
The Midwifery Student Rural Grants Advisory Committee will award the grant.
Applications from 3rd year students attending any of the Midwifery schools are welcome, however due to the March graduate date for AUT students, applications from AUT students will only be considered if they are at the beginning of their 3rd or final year of the programme.
Applications (including referee forms) must be submitted via email to email@example.com by the 1st of March. Please note Rural student grant in the subject line.